The Board of Governors, consisting of nominated representatives of the Area Board, Transferors (Railway Street Presbyterian Church) and elected representatives of the parents and teaching staff, has the responsibility for the appointment of staff, finances and the overall running of the school.
- Mr Gordon Lindsay - Chariman and Transferor
- Mr Colin Elliott - Hon. Secretary and Principal
- Mrs Margaret Artt - Transferor (Designated Governor for Child Protection)
- Rev. Michael Davidson - Transferor
- Mrs Barbara Bailie - Education Authority Representative
- Councillor Scott Carson - Education Authority Representative
- Mrs Joanne Stinson - Parent Representative
- Mrs Barbara Conway - Parent Representative
- Mrs Wendy-Anne McFarland - Teacher Representative
The Board of Governors is currently seeking the election of two new Parent Representatives. Below is a nomination form, a personal statement proforma and information about the role of the Board of Governors.
We are looking for two enthusiastic parents who are supportive of the ongoing development of Brownlee Primary School and can effectively carry on the excellent contributions made by Mrs Barbara Conway and Mrs Joanne Stinson.
The closing date for nominations is Tuesday 13th October 2020.